cookieOptions = {...}; Heather of the Hills: Learn Welsh At Home

Friday, October 10, 2008

Learn Welsh At Home

I came across this website and thought I would share. I have wanted to learn to speak Welsh for a while now. I found on the BBC website what looks to be a reality show called "The Big Welsh Challenge." Several celebrities are taking a challenge to learn to speak welsh. There is a series of videos that you can watch to help you learn. It has English or Welsh subtitles or speech bubbles. Too bad that you cannot have the english subtitles and welsh speech bubbles at the same time! That way you know what they are saying without going back and turning on the subtitles. So here are a few things in the first lesson:

Good morning: Bore da
Good afternoon: Prynhawn da
Tea: Te
Yes, I'm Sian Davies: Ie, Sian Davies dw i.
Hwyl: Goodbye

I love the fact that you can also pick your tutor, too. Maybe Otter and I can learn and speak to each other in welsh during the day!

No comments: