cookieOptions = {...}; Heather of the Hills: Harvest Time

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Harvest Time

Today I finally got out and harvested my sweet potatoes. I was very eager to see how they did. The above ground vines were growing like weeds! I was so glad to see that I had a pretty good crop. I left some of the smaller ones to see if they would grow some more, but I completely filled a plastic grocery bag full of the others. I think it was at least 10-12 pounds all together. Here is a picture of my dirty sweet potatoes! That is one crop I know I will do again. Oh, my Blue Lake green beans are doing so much better this time around. It looks like the frost barely touched them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love sweet potatoes! One of my earliest memories was following by Grandpa Shelton around in his garden picking up the sweeties that he dug up in front of me . . . Yummie yammies!
:o)}

Anonymous said...

Sweet Potate Pie. I can taste it now. Fresh from the oven, scoop of ice cream. Me singing I am in heaven!!!!!
lsa