cookieOptions = {...}; Heather of the Hills: Times Of Need

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Times Of Need

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him
Romans 8:28a


Many times we think of this verse when we consider our sins and those difficult times we sometimes experience. There have been many occasions that I can recall, that in the midst of those times, I could not see how the situation I am facing could ever turn out anything good. Now that I have passed through these times and I look back, I can now see some of the good that God has given me through those times. I grow closer to him through my constant prayer. He can also use those times to show how He provides for us and supplies our needs. Then sometimes He just ask for our faithfulness no matter what we have to endure. Right now is one of those times for me. I am in the midst of a situation that I have no idea how I can continue to endure it or confront it. I can only visualize two scenarios as a result and neither one seems to show any way for a true peace in my heart in regards to this. I was reading Psalm 13 tonight and I realized that no matter how difficult this is for me, even when I cannot see an answer to my pleas, that I must praise the LORD because through every moment He has been faithful to and has blessed me. I ask that you pray for me and that I will praise God no matter what the outcome.

Psalm 13
How long, Oh LORD? Will you forget me forever?
How long will you hide your face from me?
How long must I wrestle with my thoughts
and every day have sorrow in my heart?
How long will my enemy triumph over me?

Look on me and answer, O LORD my God,
Give light to my eyes, or I will sleep in death;
my enemy will say, "I have overcome him,"
and my foes will rejoice when I fail.

But I trust in your unfailing love,
my heart rejoices in your salvation.
I will sing to the LORD,
For he has been good to me.

No comments: