cookieOptions = {...}; Heather of the Hills: Bubba's Birthday

Monday, September 17, 2007

Bubba's Birthday

We celebrated Bubba's birthday this past weekend. It was fun having a few of his friends over so they could play together. His main priority was to play the board game Risk with his friends. I asked him if he wanted me to make his cake or if he would like cupcakes and he said he wanted a cake with Risk on it. He had also initially stated that he wanted the cake four different colors, but changed his mind. He instead wanted me to write Risk in red on his cake.

Well, the day of the party came and I had made his cake and I was waiting to ice it. Then after my parents came I figured it was time to finish the cake. I iced the cake with the vanilla icing and the left a little extra to make the red icing. That was when my fun began. I started by putting the vanilla icing in a decorating bag. Then I added the red food coloring. The box stated that for a regular size of frosting to add something like 50 or so drops of food color. I was thinking that was a large number, but I was only making a little bit of red icing so a few drops would work. I added the coloring and mixed it well...it was pink. So I added a little more coloring. Still pink! My dad even commented on it still being pink. So here we go again, more coloring. Still pink, though darker. I was tired of adding food coloring by this time so I said that this will have to do. Then I go and cut a small triangle off of the bottom of the bag to write on the cake. Then I realize that I forgot to put in the adapter for my decorating tip in the bag. I also in this process sling a little bit of the red (pink) frosting in the kitchen. I then get another bag and get the procedure correct so that it is ready for use (the proper way). I got the cake done and It looked decent. Defiantly not my best work, but good for how flustered I was at that point. Maybe I will learn from this and make the cake the day before next time. Oh well. Bubba like it and it tasted great, so I guess it worked out.

No comments: