cookieOptions = {...}; Heather of the Hills: That Crazy Woman in the Store...That's me!

Friday, March 10, 2006

That Crazy Woman in the Store...That's me!

Now that I have mentioned a few of Joe's oddities I thought I should admit a few of my own to help him feel a little better. So prepare yourselves for a small glimpse inside the mind of a confessed fanatic!

First off we will start with books. When I was a child and more so in middle and high school you would be lucky to find me reading a book. I had a few favorites, but not much peaked my interest. Then about a year after I graduated from high school I was introduced to Jane Austen (see Janeite Clarification). Since then my list of favorite authors has grown. Some of my favorite books are from the Regency period of English literature. Jane Austen is of course first on my list. Some of my other favorites are Charlotte Bronte, Janette Oke, Gilbert Morris and Jane Peart. Reading is a great thing, but I took it to another level. I then started collecting books. It all started when a local library had a book sale. After that I was a goner! I do have an accomplice aka my best friend, JoJo. She has also picked up this obsession, though I must admit she has more self-restraint than me. Joe was making fun of me while I was planning for another book sale fix with JoJo last Friday. On the computer I opened the list of books I have to see which ones I wanted to find. I then explained to Joe that my list was a good thing so that I do not go out and buy duplicate books. After this explanation he conceded and was very proud of me.

Second is the yarn thing. I have wanted to learn to crochet for a long time, but I finally learned a little over a year ago. Since then I have gone a little overboard. It all started out pretty harmless. I only bought yarn when I was starting a specific project. When that changed I cannot remember. So far in the 16(ish) months since I started crocheting I have completed 21 projects. If I continue at this rate I currently have enough yarn for 2-3 years of work. Now you would think that would keep me from buying more, but alas (and to my poor husband's dismay) no. I still continue to buy even more yarn. I have two projects in progress right now, three waiting and many more in mind. This has become a relaxing hobby, which I greatly enjoy. Then my yarn monster comes out. YARN, YARN!! MUST HAVE MORE YARN!! All I can do is just go along with it! ;)

No comments: