cookieOptions = {...}; Heather of the Hills: The Loss of a Great Mind

Thursday, March 02, 2006

The Loss of a Great Mind

We were on our way home after stopping by my parents' house when our eldest son made one of the funniest comments. Joe commented on a bush that is on the side of my parents' driveway. It is in the corner of where you park and the area to turn around. It was once, over 11 years ago, a beautiful miniature wisteria vine. Then Joe and I started dating and that was the poor plant's downfall. For some reason Joe could not keep from constantly running over this poor wisteria vine, even though it is at least four feet from the edge of the driveway (and the vine is 3-4' high and 2-3' wide). Well, our eldest son was informed tonight of his father's inability to avoid trying to kill this plant when he would back up. This started the discussion on who was the best driver, Joe or myself, between our boys. They began to over exaggerate how many wrecks he had by saying thousands or millions compared to my one. Joe tried to correct them by telling them how many he has had. He had counted three times and that is when our son said, "You're old Dad. You're over thirty and when you're over thirty you start slowly losing your mind, so I want to talk to somebody younger!" He then proceeded to ask me how many wrecks his father had been in!

3 comments:

A Magic Bean Buyer said...

I remember when we used to tease my dad about his age . . . oh, wait, we still do.

BJ not BK said...

Joe is getting pretty old. Have you seen all of the gray around the edges?

Wesley Son of Cornelius said...

or the tire around the waist!