cookieOptions = {...}; Heather of the Hills: Big Creek Trail, NC

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Big Creek Trail, NC

Yesterday the Francis family got together and went to the Big Creek Trail in North Carolina. This is a relatively short hike that we took that lead to a waterfall as well as many swimming holes. There was also a very unique cave and rock house that is just a little off the trail. It seems that this part of the trail is not very commonly known. Luckily we had Joe's parents who did know where this was and showed us.


So Joe, Bubba, Butch, Hair and I headed up the hill to these two rock formations. When we got up there we noticed that the cave had a chimney hole. It was funny to be at the top where the chimney hole was and to see the guys down inside the cave! There was also a tunnel that lead off the cave. When I got down inside the cave the guys were all trying to find out where the entrance to the tunnel was. I waited a couple of minutes until Hair and Butch made it around. Then I decided to go and see if I could get there. I learned why Joe was not going. There was a small crevice in between two rocks that you had to squeeze through. Hair, Bubba, Butch and I crawled back through the tunnel.


After we finished with that adventure we hike to the swimming hole. There was a rock that some kids we jumping off of, so Joe, Hair and I decided to try it out. That was very interesting! After we got to the top Hair jumped first, then I took my turn, and last was Joe. It was fun to jump even with the cold, cold water! (The rock we jumped from is the one in the center of the picture. We jumped from the left side of that rock where the water gets calm again.)


Linda and I took many pictures of flowers as well as all sorts of different mushrooms along the way. Of course, if you look at the picture below you can now see how Linda gets the great shots for her flowersofthefield site!


To end off I will add a few of my favorite pictures that I took on the hike.

1 comment:

BJ not BK said...

I want to go next time!