cookieOptions = {...}; Heather of the Hills: Let it Snow

Friday, February 10, 2006

Let it Snow

I have been looking for snow since December! I always love having snow, though I also like being able to drive. Of course sometimes it is nice to get snowed in at home, too. So until this week we had no snow. Then Wednesday night as I am driving back from Monroe County, we finally got some snow! It had already covered the ground by 9pm. At around 10pm when I got back to my parents' house there were almost two inches on the car and it was still snowing. Now this was still the very wet snow that seems to be quick to leave, but still I was excited. I went around the next morning taking pictures of the beautiful snow-blanketed area. It was so breathtaking how it all looked covered in snow. I even found some of my favorite livestock that were too irresistible to pass up! What is it about cattle standing around in the snow that is so cute? Maybe it is my soft spot for cattle, who knows, but it is probably just me! The snow did melt within a few hours of these pictures. Today on the weather reports they are saying that in the East Tennessee valley we may get 2-6 inches of snow tonight. Roads in the area have already been treated to keep them free from ice. I am looking forward to seeing what comes of this storm moving towards us. I will hopefully have more pictures to add later!

No comments: