cookieOptions = {...}; Heather of the Hills: Planning to go to SC Again!

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Planning to go to SC Again!

It has not been long since my friend, Jo, and I went to South Carolina together and we are already planning to go again. My grandmother's family is from the northeastern part of SC and every year we have a family reunion in July. This year my parents are taking a trip with their church group, so I called my bestest friend, Jo, and I asked her if she wanted to go with me. After a few weeks of thinking and a few days of trying to changing her work schedule, she was finally able to say yes last week. So we are now planning another trip to SC and we are planning to spend one night with her grandparents, Ruley and Hazel, again. I was so excited by the thought of seeing them again. Of course I got to see them tonight (actually I just left Jo's parents where everyone is located about an hour ago) as they came in for a few days. They were so excited by the thought of us coming to visit, even if it is for one night only. They have already started planning the most important part of our visit, where we will go to eat some seafood! You know it is sometimes hard to believe how easy it is to think of them as my family more than those that actually are! Jo's family has considered me as a family member since Jo and I were in high school. All the rest of the family just accepts me as well. Even tonight Ruley told me that I am just like a granddaughter to them. It almost makes me giddy happy! What am I saying? It does make me giddy happy! ;) I thank God that he put them in my life. I cannot imagine not having them as "my" family!

No comments: