cookieOptions = {...}; Heather of the Hills: I Am Back!

Monday, July 24, 2006

I Am Back!

I returned home yesterday afternoon from another trip to South Carolina. This time Jo and I went to attend my Lane family reunion. We left Friday morning and stopped for the night at her grandparents' house. We had a great time visiting and eating SEAFOOD!! Yummy! The next day we traveled to Marion County, SC to find some cemeteries where some family members are buried. We got lots of pictures of lots of headstones. We even found this cemetery (pictured) with its lone tree and headstones standing out against the surrounding fields of soybeans.


Next after our cemetery hunting was done, we got to see my family at the reunion. I always love getting to see my Lane family every year. Actually I would love to see them more often if I could. I got to reacquaint myself with family and I got to meet several new family members. It was so funny because I am trying to explain to Jo who all 50+ people are and how we are related. Sometimes I can get them confused, but we worked through it. She then amazed everyone by knowing their names and how they fit into the family. That was a great feat for someone who is a complete stranger, especially when half the time some of us that have been a part of the family for 20-30 years still have trouble with that!

No comments: