cookieOptions = {...}; Heather of the Hills: Indianapolis

Friday, February 08, 2008

Indianapolis

For a couple of days I was in Indianapolis, Indiana while accompanying Joe on a business trip. I went online and looked up several things for my "go see it" list. Unfortunately for me I saw hardly anything while there. I woke the first morning to thick fog, which lasted most of the day. I did get to drive close enough to see the RCA Dome and find a Chick-fil-A to eat lunch at. The second day (and might I add last day) I had to pack up everything and check out of our hotel before noon. I did that then went to the shopping center, that I was less than 1/4 of a mile from when I ate my lunch the day before but could not see through the fog, to await Joe as he finished his last day. Of course my shopping trip was also to keep out of the pouring rain outside. A little localized flooding, you will understand, kept me from venturing downtown.

We headed closer to home after Joe's work was finished and ended up staying in Lexington, KY. I admit that waking up during the wee hours of the morning to strong winds and reports of tornadoes close by was not my idea of fun. I did eventually get to sleep again. When I called my Dad after we returned, he was very glad to hear from me since he knew we were staying in Lexington and heard about the weather there.

This was a trip that was unique in its own little way. Otter and I were glad to have the time with Joe, though. It was nice to keep him company in the evenings and on the drive.

No comments: