cookieOptions = {...}; Heather of the Hills: Naturally Powered Tree

Friday, December 14, 2007

Naturally Powered Tree

I am not sure if you have heard about this, but I heard about it yesterday and knew I had to share. In Japan an aquarium has placed an eel in a tank with two aluminum panels which collects the power and uses it to power their Christmas tree (link). It is quite humorous to think about, but I am now flooded with ideas! I think that Joe and I should create a large pool under the house where we store our eels. How much better for the environment would this be than relying on other ways to create power. This could be the ultimate going green! Of course it is also a great source of food as well! In the summer we could eat a few eels and that way their population is regulated. We would not want an overflow of eels coming from underneath our house.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They would keep people out of your indoor pool and add spark to your conversations. I wonder how efficient eels are at converting fish to electric current? Too bad they "bite" the hand that feeds them.