cookieOptions = {...}; Heather of the Hills: I Am A Hypocrite

Saturday, November 10, 2007

I Am A Hypocrite

What can I say... I am a hypocrite. I am not proud of this but it is true.

Hypocrite: person given to hypocrisy (pretense of virtue, piety, etc.)

I wonder at people who are shocked by the fact that "most" Christians are hypocrites. We all are. I am not perfect and I will never be as I walk on this earth. There has only been one to walk this earth that can truly claim perfection: Jesus. Although I know what is right and wrong (according to God's word) I still cannot become pure. I sin. I know you must all be shocked, but it is true I assure you. We all sin. Period. It is not just the unsaved that sin. Christians alike sin. We are all born with a sin nature. I, though, have become aware of my sin and realized that I need to have forgiveness for said sin. That is where Jesus comes into my life and makes me clean in God's eyes. Jesus became the glasses that God sees me through. Jesus came to our sin infested world to make a way for me, a poor hopeless sinner, to be able to stand before God without blemish. I am blemished with every day I live, but because I have given my heart and life over to Jesus He covers those sins and I appear without them before God. God is forgiving when we come to Him in repentance. How amazing is that?! I cannot do anything to become perfect or sinless, but through my acceptance of Jesus as my Savior I can become as white as snow by His blood that was spilt for me.

In the Bible there were certain people who followed God's word
to the letter and considered themselves better than others. Jesus came and told them that it is not just physically killing, but the thoughts in your heart of murder, that cause you to become a murderer, therefore sin. I can "act" like I have never sinned, but if you could see my thoughts and know my heart you could see the truth. Can you judge a person by their exterior? No. I can have all the appearance of good but be not in the possession of a good heart. Man can be fooled, but God cannot. There is no place that we can go that God cannot find us. We are never out of His sight. He sees our hearts and knows our true motives. He is constantly disappointed in our sins, but is eager to forgive and FORGET as soon as we ask it of Him. Praise God for His mercy, grace and forgiveness and giving me the ability to have a personal relationship with Him!

No comments: