cookieOptions = {...}; Heather of the Hills: Favorite Dates

Monday, November 19, 2007

Favorite Dates

I have no idea why this came to mind this morning, but I was thinking about past dates I have had and my favorites. I know that most people have a typical date night consisting of dinner and a movie. With the lack of good movies in theaters, though, this has personally not been an exciting thought for how to spend a date night. A lot of people are now stumped as what to do and sometimes do not even try. I thought of a couple of my favorite dates:


1. I went with Joe to Cades Cove and we had a picnic lunch together, looked around at all the buildings, just walked, talked, and laughed.




2. Walks on the beach in the evening. This was a somewhat tradition that my Dad and I did when we went to the beach. I guess this is not really a date, but it was a special time between me and my Daddy. You see the beach was our annual vacation and he and I would just walk and talk (or some times in silence) down the beach after dinner. Usually he and I were the only ones that wanted to do this. I guess that is how it became a tradition for us.





3. My Father/ Daughter "dates" to UT football games. Many years of happy memories!







4. Going to a Smokies baseball game. What could be better than baseball, peanuts, soda and... oh yeah, Joe. too. ;)






5. Frank Sinatra, Jr and the Knoxville Symphony Orchestra. This was nice because I am a big fan of Frank Sinatra and that was why Joe got the tickets for us. I really enjoyed the KSO when I went as a field trip in school. I am not sure I have ever been disappointed with their music.

Other times of hockey games, hikes, etc. are right behind these.

2 comments:

Alan said...

Just wanted to let you know how much I enjoy your blog. And the pictures are wonderful. I hope that you don't mind, but I have pirated your pumpkin picture for my wallpaper. Have a great Thanksgiving, and if you know who this is, give my love to all your family.

Heather said...

I am glad that you enjoyed the picture so much. I thought it turned out quite well myself. I hope that you have a good Thanksgiving as well and I will pass on the message!