cookieOptions = {...}; Heather of the Hills: A New Persuasion

Monday, September 04, 2006

A New Persuasion

I learned today that there are plans to make a TV version of the novel Persuasion by Jane Austen. I am still unsure who exactly is putting this together, but I hope that it will be another well done adaptation and not so far from the original story that it is almost unrecognizable (i.e. Pride and Prejudice in 2005 with Keira Knightley)!

Now there is also another one of the works of Jane Austen that is up for a remake and that is
Northanger Abbey, which will be done by Andrew Davies (who did the wonderful remake of Pride and Prejudice in 1995 with Jennifer Ehle). I must admit this is my least liked novels by Austen. The film adaptation done in 1986 was a horrid movie. I could barely stand to watch it! I hope that perhaps a new adaptation will breathe some new life into this novel.

No comments: