cookieOptions = {...}; Heather of the Hills: Last Time In Atlanta

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Last Time In Atlanta

Last night Joe reminded me that we will be heading down to Atlanta on Sunday for the Braves' Stitch-n-Pitch game. I was thinking tonight of my last trip to Atlanta. It was in the fall of 2003 when the boys and I (along with another mom and her two girls) made the trip to Atlanta to meet up with our military husbands. Joe was in the midst of training for an overseas deployment and they had a free weekend so we decided to meet about half way. That was a more difficult trip to take because we knew that after only a short time together that he would leave again. That was a time when every moment seemed to count because you did not know how long before you would see each other again. It is amazing to me that it has been three years since that time. I look at pictures and see how small my boys were and see them now and how much they have grown. As Bubba is always telling me "Not long before I am leaving home!" He is right. Time seems to be going by so quickly and they are growing so fast. I am left to wonder what it will be like when I have to deal with another one possibly leaving home. The possibility of moving away from one another is a frightening thought. I love my boys and I hope that through the passing of time we will always maintain a close relationship that will only grow stronger with each new day!

No comments: