cookieOptions = {...}; Heather of the Hills: The beauty of the hills

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

The beauty of the hills

When I was growing up my family never hiked. It is very strange that somehow both my brother and I now really love to hike. I grew to love hiking when I met Joe and he took me on my first real hike. Now saying that my family never hiked does not mean that I did not wonder around through the hills of Tennessee before Joe came along. My mother's family is from Monroe County, Tennessee and they all lived in the hills that border on the Cherokee National Forest. I would love to go there and hike around their houses as well as play in the creeks nearby. It was and still is a quiet peaceful place for me. If times seemed rough I would long to be in that area and just find the peace in the beauty of nature. I often wonder how "city dwellers" can handle all the hustle without that sort of retreat. I am thankful that God created these beauties just for us and that I am privileged enough to live here.

No comments: