cookieOptions = {...}; Heather of the Hills: The New Persuasion

Sunday, January 13, 2008

The New Persuasion

Tonight on Masterpiece Theatre was the start of a Jane Austen Marathon. Persuasion was the first movie played. I must admit to be a little disappointed by this version. It did seem to go a little too quickly and skip over much. I would like to read the book again and watch this again afterwards to better compare. There were several things that bothered me and I feel I must go back and see how well this follows the book. I believe that I will have to watch it again to even attempt to be an impartial judge on the movie by itself (or at least as impartial as I can be). I found myself too many times thinking to myself how I did not recall the book ever following some of these scenes. Some things were scrambled about and seemed to throw the timing off by coming in too early. Perhaps I will think differently after rereading and rewatching Persuasion, but who knows. My first impression might just be correct!

No comments: