cookieOptions = {...}; Heather of the Hills: Update On Otter

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Update On Otter

On Monday I took Otter for her check-up. She did very well. Her weight was at 12lbs 6ozs. The doctor went on and on about how alert she was and how well she focuses. Then after her clean bill of health the nurse came in. That was when my happy, talking little girl became my sad, sore little girl! She ran a slight temperature through the night and during the day Tuesday. Last night she was becoming more like herself and today she is fine. I am so glad! I really missed my happy little girl. I missed her talking to me. Screaming does not count as talking in my book.

By the way, did you notice the burp cloth she has now? One of my best friends had it made for her. It is very special with an otter for our Otter!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heather,
She is certainly a beautiful baby and a rare jewel among our family because girls have not been very common in the last few generations. By the way, where did the nickname "Otter" come from. Joe just replied, "I don't know."
Noel

Heather said...

I am not too sure either. I tried to think of something that went with Bubba and Butch (ie: Daisy), but Joe did not like any of them. I was at the zoo gift shop buying Butch's birthday wolf and the otter stuck in my head. Otters are some of my favorite animals. After I mentioned otter we joked that (while I was still pregnant with her) she moved and wriggled around so much she acted like an otter.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a reason to me.
Interesting, I never was a nickname kind of person. I guess it was because the few attempts at pinning them on me were not friendly whereas yours are definitely for the purpose of endearment.