cookieOptions = {...}; Heather of the Hills: New Branch Added

Friday, August 24, 2007

New Branch Added

I was looking at a comment on Joe Napalm's blog which gave a link to a blog called Because I Said So. This is a hilarious blog by a woman who is not at all afraid to share the craziness in a household of a stay at home mom of a large family that most people try to hide! How many times have we parents had experiences that make people laugh when we do tell them, but how many were really funny while going through these said experiences?

Oh yes, I could tell the story of Bubba and when he crawled out of the bed during nap time, opened his closet door (I did not think he was tall enough or for that matter strong enough), climbed over boxes that were stacked twice as high as he was tall, just to open a box that of course would contain pens and markers for him to use on everything in sight! Did I mention that the box was one that a stroller came in, which made it as tall as a stroller and it was not packed fully! That might be humorous to you sitting on the other side of the monitor, but it was not in the least bit funny to me at that moment. I had to pull him out of the box, hide everything he took out and clean up the rest, then I had to put him back to bed before leaving the room to call Joe to
beg him to come home ASAP! I also was blessed by God in that moment with more patience than I could ever imagine having.

Tell me again why we wanted more kids? ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We laugh because of the preposterous situations young ones are cable of getting us into. How can such a little, vulnerable, cute person cause so much damage, embarrassment, and general emotional havoc? So we laugh to keep from crying or raging and because the joke is on us, being truly vulnerable as humans.