cookieOptions = {...}; Heather of the Hills: Merry Christmas to all

Monday, December 26, 2005

Merry Christmas to all

I had a wonderful Christmas yesterday. We had a great little gathering at our church to worship and give praises to our Lord for His great gift to us. You know, I thought it was very fitting that we were in our Father' s house to celebrate the birth of His son. This does not say that I did not wish to be with family as well. We had an amazing big brunch afterwards and spent a great time celebrating with our family. Just to sit around and enjoy the time spent with family is a great pleasure for me.

Sometimes we do not spend as much time together as family and friends as we should. We can live within a thirty minute drive, but only see each other once or twice a year. That is very sad for me when we sometimes make our lives so busy that we do not spend time with family and friends save for the few rare holidays. It makes me happy that my husband's family is different than mine. Every Sunday after our morning worship we have lunch and spend the afternoon at my in-law's home before going to our evening worship service. After the death of my husband's grandmother last year, her three children decided that we would all get together every two months. So the whole family is invited and we all get together a spend a evening together eating and having fun spending time together. It is a so comforting to have a family that enjoys spending time talking, playing games and just having fun together. That is the kind of family I hope to continue to have with my children and hopefully my grandchildren.

No comments: