cookieOptions = {...}; Heather of the Hills: My Garden

Monday, June 09, 2008

My Garden


A couple of weeks ago my Dad, Joe and Dr. Wesley came and prepared my garden for me. They brought my Dad's tiller and tilled the spot we had picked for our garden. We also got some ceder posts that use to be part of the fence line at my parents' house. A few days after that our family went outside to put the posts in the ground. We also bought some garden fencing with 2"x4" openings. Joe and Bubba got the fencing on the posts and last week the boys and I got the seeds and plants planted. Now we have a garden!

A bee pollinating our yellow squash

Last night after we came home from eating with the family we went to look at and water the garden. I was amazed how much it has grown in a week! We saw the watermelon, zucchini, green beans, black beans, and corn had all sprouted. The yellow squash and sweet potatoes were growing well, too. I cannot wait until the plants bear the fruits (and vegetables) of our labor.

My watermelon plants

Green beans

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is the way we were amazed at our garden. One minute it is plain dirt, the next minute it is filled with green life! Have fun and enjoy the fruits of your labors.