cookieOptions = {...}; Heather of the Hills: 4th Annual Pinewood Derby

Saturday, March 17, 2007

4th Annual Pinewood Derby

The race today went very well. We had sixteen Cub Scouts enter cars and thirteen cars enter the open class (leaders, siblings, parents). In the scout race there are weight and size limitations. I was the person who was in charge of checking the weight as they registered. The race began and as I was unable to watch to see how the races ended (I was also helping with getting the cars in line for each race) I was not sure how Bubba and Butch faired. After the race of the open class we learned the results of the speed and design of our scouts. I am happy to say that both boys placed in the top five for speed as well as Butch winning a spot in the top five for design. This is another opportunity for both boys to go to district to race. Last year Bubba placed third in the district, so we are eager to see how they do this year.

No comments: