cookieOptions = {...}; Heather of the Hills: Tricks of the Mind

Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Tricks of the Mind

Some times it is hard to put into words my feelings now days. These nine and a half weeks have been so difficult and it seems time creeps by slowly. It feels like it has been so long since I heard my Daddy's voice and since I have seen him that I wonder was he just a figment of my mind? I would love the opportunity to go back in time just a few months ago so that I could maybe be there when my two cents might have made a difference. In my head I know that our days are numbered and that it was just Daddy's time to go home, but oh how I wish it was all just a bad dream! My heart is broken wishing that I could change events so that he would still be here with us. There is not one day that has passed that I have not thought of my dad. I have tried to search my mind for memories of him. I long to hear others share stories about him or to see pictures of him. I still find myself at times intensely missing him and just wanting to see him. I doubt that will ever go away. Many things are happening in our family that make me sad that he will not be a part of and others I am glad that he will never see.

No comments: