cookieOptions = {...}; Heather of the Hills: Loneliness

Monday, December 19, 2011

Loneliness

It has been two weeks since Daddy has been gone and it still seems unreal. I keep waiting for his call so I can come get him. I go to the house I grew up in and wait to hear him walk in the door or the room. Disappointment sets in every time I leave and I do not see him. I am drawn to his room just so I can find something that smells like him. The sanctuary of his office has been changed and it is losing the feeling of being his. I long for the sound of his voice, to hold his hand, to kiss his cheek and tell him that I love him. Loneliness is plaguing me. It is completely selfish, but I desperately wish he was here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not selfish. It points to what God intended but is not because of sin. It also points to the excellent relationship you had with your daddy because many cannot understand the intense devastation you are feeling because they lacked that depth of relationship. Turn the moments of sadness into tears of thanksgiving for what he was and still is by way of influence. You will see him again and there will be fullness of joy in the presence of the Savior. We continue to pray for you in the midst of your grieving.