cookieOptions = {...}; Heather of the Hills: Otter Is Here!

Monday, June 18, 2007

Otter Is Here!

Sorry it has been a while, but I have been slightly preoccupied the past week. On Saturday, June 9th we welcomed our newest family member. Otter was born at 11:56a weighing in at a whopping 8lbs 5ozs and 22 1/4 inches long! I never thought I would see the day that I would have a 8 pound baby! She is absolutely gorgeous and has a head full of hair. She is very much a momma's girl right now. We were discharged from the hospital with everything looking good for both of us.


Wednesday I took her in for her followup check-in at the Dr. office. They checked her and everything was good (weight loss was almost a pound, but she was eating like a pig!) They also checked her bilirubin levels. Well, they were quite high, so they sent us to Children's Hospital for the "industrial" light treatments. After two nights in the hospital her levels had come down enough for us to come home. So now we are home and she is doing well, or as well as a week old baby does!

3 comments:

Les said...

She is beautiful!!! Congratulations!!!

Anonymous said...

She is so Beautiful! CONGRATULATIONS my friend! I cant wait to see her up close and hold her. Love you all!
Jackie

Anonymous said...

Joel and I are thrilled! God bless you guys!She is adorable and so sweet! Beth