cookieOptions = {...}; Heather of the Hills: Biblical Names

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Biblical Names

We have been trying to think of some names for our little girl and I thought I might see if any of you might have some suggestions. We are looking for a Biblical name we might possibly use for her middle name. We would also like to know the meaning that go along with the names. Here is where you come in. As most of you will know, female Biblical names are few and far between. So I am asking you to give us some female names and their meanings. I look forward to seeing who can tell us the most unique name. Also if you know where the name is located in the Bible please include that as well! I only ask that you do not include her first name for those of you that know it already.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I personally like Rachel - which is Hebrew and means "ewe" or "female lamb."
There is also Ruth which comes from a word meaning "comrade","companion",or "a neighborly woman" and therefore may be interpreted as "friendship." We had an aunt named Ruth, so there is a family connection.
ARF may not be the best of initials, but it's better than ALF!
:o)}

JMG said...

I was cruising through blogger and saw this post about names.

My favorite biblical heroine was always Esther. But her original name was Hadassah, which means "myrtle" in Hebrew.

Hope you find the perfect name!