cookieOptions = {...}; Heather of the Hills: A New Hat

Monday, May 22, 2006

A New Hat

A friend of mine just had a baby, so I decided to make her little girl a crochet hat. I have made about four baby hats in the past using one particular pattern, but this time I wanted to try a different one. It seemed very similar to the other one, but a little girlier. So here I went Saturday evening. I got my Caron Simply Soft soft pink yarn and started to crochet. A few hours later I sat and stared at my completed hat and could only laugh. The hat is about 3 1/2 inches high and has a 10 inch circumference. Defiantly too small for a normal baby. I even tried to use a doll that I have so I could take a picture, but it would not even fit on its head. So one attempt failed. I guess I will see about sending this one to the hospital for use with the premature babies. Surely it would be able to fit a little girl somewhere!

4 comments:

BJ not BK said...

Nice job!

BJ not BK said...

Just in time for our little Nakeesha...opps

Jama said...

It may be too tiny, but you did a good job on it. The stitches are so nice and even. It is very pretty. Do they have miniatures at Boyd's Bears that you could use it on??? :)

Heather said...

Actually, it would probably fit the Boyd's bears (or friends) that the kids made last month. I might have to give that a try. Of course, a pink, girly one would not do for a boy like Cowy!