cookieOptions = {...}; Heather of the Hills: Flowers Galore

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Flowers Galore

I am so excited! I have been waiting to spruce up our yard with lots of plants and flowers since we got the house. I have started in the last few weeks getting some plants and clearing out areas to plant. From my earlier post (link) you can see that we have a naturally beautiful yard, especially when the crocus are in bloom. I am hoping that with the things that I am doing that I will be adding to the natural beauty of our home. My mom has been giving me lots of plants (as long as I come and dig them up for her). She has already given me wisteria, mock orange, flowering almond, iris, catnip, gladiolus, and daffodils. Today I got some peonies, roses, red hot pokers, iris, rose of sharon, lemon balm, mint as well as the spiderwort and lilies I had planted at her house.















I am also planning to plant a small food garden area (Wesley...a trip to my parents' house might be in order! ;) I have tomato plants, okra, spinach, watermelon, corn, and squash seeds.

No comments: